Psalms 24:1-2 The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the waters.
The Mind of Christ
I was thinking today, just remembering the past, and how much I have changed. Once talked with an old friend, who after we had spoken for while, asked me, what happened? Why was I so different now? I have answered that question previous to this moment that the difference was Jesus Christ.
Did you know that most of the time, Jesus felt that he was teaching, not preaching. And most of the time, Jesus felt that he was dealing with old attitudes, old practices, and not only tried to help the people understand that God was real, but also tried to teach people to love each other and to be kind to one another. Not only that, but Jesus Christ always saw the good in people, and did not concentrate a personís sin, but on the personís potential. Do we have that mind set today?
Someone once said that whatever we focus on, we strengthen. Have you ever heard anyone say, ď Do not focus on the negative, focus on the positiveĒ? What an excellent idea! In the Bible, Apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians, words of encouragement and advice.
Philippians 4: 6-8
6. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things so lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
We are told not to worry, but to pray and tell God all cares and concerns. We are further told that because we take all of our cares and concerns to Almighty God, that we will have peace of God, beyond all understanding, and that the peace of God will keep our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. We are instructed to keep our thoughts true, honest, pure, good, and of good virtue, and to even praise God with our thoughts. Does that not sound like what Jesus did?
If we ask ourselves, what else would be essential to have the mind of Christ, I would think that humility and sacrifice would need to be included.
5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
As we can see, Christ Jesus humbled himself to become as a man, and lived very humbly. Christ Jesus was obedient to Almighty God, and let himself be crucified on the cross. as a sacrifice for all of mankind.
As we live our lives trying to learn from Christ Jesus, and attempting to live according to Godís word, which means living our lives trying to be as worthy as Christ Jesus; we find ourselves striving for the mind of Christ. The mind of Christ would lead us to always focus on the positive, praying to God with complete faith that God will deal with our problems for us, thereby granting us peace of God. The mind of Christ would also lead us to have only pure thoughts, and a humble heart, always submitting ourselves to Almighty God, forever and Amen.